Systems Safety AnalysisModel and analyze the functional safety of complex systems
Systems functional safety analysis is applicable across all industry sectors. It provides the assurance that the safety-related systems will offer the necessary risk reduction required to achieve the required systems functional safety for the equipment. Organizations now have to demonstrate compliance to functional safety standards. In the automotive industry, that means complying with ISO 26262 ‘Road vehicles -- Functional safety‘, and for other industries IEC EN 61508 ‘Functional safety of electrical/electronic/programmable electronic safety-related systems’.
The Dassault Systèmes systems functional safety analysis solution is a complete systems engineering solution that targets the improvement of safety activities and their early integration during the product and systems design phase. The solution comprises design tools that enables the safety engineer to define and analyze a common systems reference model that describes both the functional (design aspect) and dysfunctional (safety aspect) modes of the systems behavior. The solution provides a safety assessment process based on a unique view of the system.
- Formalize system safety requirements and assess them during each phase of the development process by building and simulating a formal system functional safety model
- Perform system functional safety analysis studies to verify that safety objectives are met for a given system to ensure compliance with certification authorities.
- Rich and powerful modeling environment to define system architecture and functional/dysfunctional behavior of each component
- Automatic generation of dependability models (Fault Tree, Event Sequences, System Failure Mode and Effects Analysis, Common Cause Analysis) to verify that safety objectives are met
- Graphical simulation of system behavior
- Verification of architecture robustness by faults injection
- Capitalize on systems knowledge through the re-use of components libraries.