Systems ArchitectureDefine the systems architecture of complex products and systems
Systems engineering of complex products is by its very nature, a collaborative multi-disciplinary and iterative process. These products, and their associated systems and sub-systems, are characterized by the high level of interaction that takes place between a large numbers of different embedded systems and the physical hardware with which they interact. Today, it is common practice to use many different models to define the system architecture and simulate the behavior of these complex systems and products. The challenge with this approach is that these models rarely interoperate with one another and do not exist in an aggregated environment for a ‘whole-system’ view or simulation of the complete product.
The Systems Architect role from Dassault Systèmes provides advanced capabilities to easily perform functional decomposition of complex products and systems to ensure that requirements are accurately met all along the product development lifecycle. The solution provides a fully integrated system architecture definition, modeling and simulation environment built on an open and extensible platform. This approach delivers unique model-based and platform-based systems engineering support.
Model-based systems engineering is enabled through a rich data model that enables the definition and management of the relationships between; requirements, the functional system architecture, the 2D & 3D Logical representation of this architecture, and the physical representation and instantiations of the architecture in a given product or platform – including hardware and embedded software. Platform-based systems engineering support is enabled through a rich and extensible data model and collaborative system engineering business process support environment that provides full requirements, product, program, project, and configuration lifecycle management capabilities.
- Rapidly define and decompose the systems architecture of complex products and systems – from early conceptual studies through to final architecture definition
- Improved systems development efficiency through extensive reuse of systems engineering assets and templates
- Improved decision making through the ability to perform quick trade studies that include cost, system parameters & exploit knowledge reuse
- Efficient collaborative systems engineering development processes that leverage up to date systems definition information, data and models
- Demonstrate compliance with safety standards and best practices through comprehensive requirement traceability and impact analysis
- Openness and extended traceability across systems artifacts with integrations to more than 60 common systems engineering tools
ROLES AND OPTIONS
Systems ArchitectView More
Understand or define needs and missions and develop a cost-effective solution by analyzing in a model based approach by viewpoints the operational...