Sheetmetal Design EngineeringSheetmetal Design to Manufacturing
Engineers need to design sheetmetal components rapidly, in compliance with company rules and standards for efficient manufacturing.
They have to design right the first time and to experience smooth exchanges with suppliers and contractors.
- Achieve fast, efficient and quality design of sheet metal parts to speed up assembly design
- Design right the first time in the context of the virtual product
- Get early visibility into manufacturability constraints
- Fast and efficient design of complex sheetmetal parts
- Easily apply company-defined standards to ensure design quality
- Create right first time sheet metal parts by designing in the context of the virtual product
- Take manufacturability constraints into account early in the design phase and speed up assembly design
- Manage the forming process directly in 3D, intuitively
- Recognize and modify external sheet metal parts (STEP & IGES)
- Automatically generate flattened views from the 3D design part
- Part manufacturing view includes manufacturing specifications derived from engineering specifications