Flexible Bodies Library ()
The Modelica based Flexible Bodies Library enables the efficient mathematical modeling of flexible bodies such as components of multi-body and arbitrary physical systems. Flexible Bodies Library facilitates and accelerates the analysis of large motions of flexible beams, annular plates and of flexible bodies.
The beam model supports the definition of the geometrical and physical properties of a straight, homogenous and isotropic beam. It takes bending in two planes, lengthening and torsional defections into account. The deformations are discretisized by Eigenmodes that may be selected according to the actual needs.
The library also provides a «ModalBody» object that is used to model general flexible bodies. The geometrical and physical properties of the ModalBody are defined by a Standard Input Data (SID) file that is generated by an external Finite Element Analysis (FEA) program such as Abaqus. For ModalBody models in real-time environments, the SID-data may be converted into a Modelica package so that external file access is avoided.
Accelerate the analysis of the large motions of flexible beams, annular plates and flexible bodies
- Easy modeling and simulation of mechanical systems that comprise a mixture of rigid elements and flexible beam structures
- High quality simulation performance
- Significantly reduced costs due to seamless simulation of scenarios that are expensive and difficult to physically test
- Supports bending in two planes, torsion and lengthening deformation
- Animation to visualize deformation
- Compatible with all other Modelica libraries e.g. Smart Electric Drives and Powertrain libraries