Preliminary Steel Structure Designer
CATIA Preliminary Structure Designer is used to complete design of heavy structures with realistic plate and stiffener elements. It provides industry specific features to create hull structure detailed parts.
The full integration of Structure Functional Design and Structure Detailed Design allows user to retrieve Design block information that was previously defined and assessed, to perform the detailed design of the structure.
Structure engineers are able to obtain early weight, material, labor and balance estimation of the structure as well as the classification drawings including conventions. They can also extract a structural mesh of the whole ship to process global Finite Element Analysis (FEA), to get required approval of the basic design.
- Fully define steel structural systems
- Steel design & stiffening to resist pressure, cargo loads and sea state
- Layout of plates for decks and major bulkheads
- Defines longitudinal and transverse stiffeners
- Places all significant openings.
- Common Deliverables
- Precise evaluation of cost of materials/labor
- Classification Drawings to be certified by Classification Companies such as Lloyd or VERITAS.
- Material take-off sheets
- Finite Element Analysis
- Weight and Center of Gravity Analysis per Block
- Input design models for pre-manufacturing (lofting)