Content Replication ()
Content Replication allows a customer to deploy file servers closer to end users for improved file upload and download performance in a global, multi-site implementation.
Content Replication provides companies with a mechanism to deploy file servers across the enterprise for efficient handling of file operations with the 3DEXPERIENCE® platform. End users manage files by performing check-in and check-out operations. Files can dramatically vary in size for different use models. For larger files, performance is greatly impacted by the user proximity to a file server. With Content Replication, file collaboration servers (FCS) are placed closer to the end users working at remote sites throughout the world. As a result, file transfers to and from the server are optimized for performance.
Content Replication provides the following advantages:
- Enables file servers to be physically located closer to end users for optimal performance.
- Facilitates file replication for sharing of data across other enterprise users.
- Allows administrators to locally control and manage file data.
Content Replication also complies with typical IT standards:
- Communication between the 3DEXPERIENCE platform system and the file server is done through HTTP(s); no wide area network (WAN) database connections are required.
- Communication between the user (browser) and the file servers is also through HTTP(s).
- Communication between multiple file servers to support replication is done through HTTP(s).
- Access to local file servers does not require 3DEXPERIENCE platform re-authentication.
- Support for secured network configurations uses reverse/forward proxy and network authentication.
- Simplified deployment requires minimal installation files.