Contract-based Program Manager
Successful execution of contract-based programs means managing volumes of information to efficiently meet all contractual obligations. Tracking, reporting and communicating that information involves teams of people across multiple functions and organizations. Programs succeed or fail on their ability to communicate very reliably with all the team members over long periods of time. Contract-based Program Manager integrates all of the critical data and program information into one consistent whole to make it more understandable and provides a permanent reference and program “memory” to inform new team members.
Performance-to-contract is greatly improved when all contract requirements are visible to the entire team. Using one system to bring together the core processes of these functional disciplines provides the ability to improve overall performance of program execution and delivery-to-contract. Contract-based Program Manager enables users to:
- Capture contracts and their associated work-breakdown elements in line-item detail to ensure complete assignment, scheduling and proper execution.
- Work-breakdown elements reference the scheduled tasks required to complete the work assigned.
- Link projects with critical milestones and deliverables to the contracts and baseline product architectures.
- Link hardware and software deliverables to schedule tasks.
- Capture contract requirements for data delivery with the Contract Data Requirements List (CDRL) and Subcontract Data Requirements List (SDRL).
- Generate and schedule submittal tasks and link actual data deliverables documents for assignment and future completion.
In order to align downstream product development with the contract requirements, Requirement Manager should be used to capture, share and manage technical requirements.