Plastic Mechanical Designer
Designing and creating molded parts requires a fast and flexible solution based on cutting-edge technology, so you have time to keep up-to-date with the latest design market trends and stay ahead of the competition.
CATIA Plastic Mechanical Designer delivers ultra-fast functional modeling for unmatched productivity and flexibility to address the complete design-to-manufacturing preparation process of molded parts. It responds to the needs of companies that require an optimal method for dealing with changes throughout the product lifecycle.
A comprehensive set of applications to create manufacturing-ready molded parts, using ultra-fast functional modeling technology:
- Designs always respect manufacturability properties like constant thickness, parting elements, pulling direction and draft angles.
- All features whether applied at the beginning or the end, constantly interact with the design’s topology.
- Complex plastic part features like grills, ribs, reinforcements and bosses can be created quickly using dedicated commands.
- Apply know-how rules to ensure the best technological and design-for-manufacturing practices.
- Plastic filling simulation is available out of the box which allows you to address manufacturing concerns like fill times, flow restrictions, air entrapments, weld lines, etc. in the design phase itself.