Engines Library ()
The Modelica-based Engine library is capable of modelling both Spark Ignition and Compression Ignition engines and supports different levels of fidelity. The Engines library has been designed to work with common engine architecture templates. This enables quick model set-up and ensures a consistent layout for a variety of engine architectures.
The Mean Value models predict the cycle averaged intake and exhaust flows, emissions and torque. The Crank Angle Resolved models predict the complete cyclic intake and exhaust flows and torque.
Model spark ignition and compression ignition engines for intake and exhaust flows, emissions and torque assessment.
- Support modelling engines as Mean Value models for fast simulation and Crank Angle Resolved models for detailed analysis
- A single model including intake and exhaust flow and mechanical dynamics
- Spark Ignition and Compression Ignition engines
- Supports naturally aspirated and forced induction (turbochargers and superchargers)
- Uses standard Modelica connectors to ensure compatibility with other automotive model libraries
- Uses the Rotational3D library developed by Claytex for efficient simulation of rotating MultiBody systems