Manufacturing BOM Manager
Manufacturing BOM Manager provides companies with a comprehensive manufacturing and as-built bill-of-material management solution enabling improved transfer of design intent to distributed manufacturing sites. When implemented with Product Engineer, a seamless flow of global product development and manufacturing processes is enabled.
Increasing business, product and process complexities affect operating margins and are driving companies to find business solutions which foster innovation and improve efficiencies. In most industries today, the complexity and rate at which new products need to be developed has already out-paced the rate at which many companies can produce them. One of the significant challenges within the global product development process is maintaining alignment between a single, consolidated, global engineering bill of material to multiple, site specific manufacturing bills of material. As new products are introduced, which often times have market specific functions and options, the engineering to manufacturing alignment complexity is compounded.
When Manufacturing BOM Manager is used with Product Engineer, companies can innovate and improve efficiencies for global product development by incorporating the following best business practices:
- Reduce design and BOM errors and enable innovation through the automatic generation and update of data driven, fully connected, multi-disciplined design and engineering product views.
- Accelerate multi-geo product launch, by enabling parallel Engineering, Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Compliance, Quality and Service business processes directly from the context of the product engineering bill of material.
- Enable global product teams to efficiently collaborate, approve and implement product changes through a common, automated change process.
Manufacturing BOM Manager addresses a number of specific global manufacturing business challenges including:
- Reduce costs and improve product quality by enabling part re-use across multiple manufacturing sites.
- Reduce costs and improve product quality by enabling centralized supply chain planning for purchased components including the authorization and propagation of available alternate or substitute parts across multiple manufacturing sites.
- Reduce cycle time, effort and translation errors related to the analysis and implementation of engineering changes across multiple manufacturing sites through an automated, intelligent engineering to manufacturing change process.
- Reduce inconsistencies and manual reconciliation of serialized parts by providing the ability to plan, create, update and link unit specific as-built BOM structures for industries which require unit based manufacturing and traceability.