PANOGEN for Sheet Metal is the derivative of a family of products created 25 years ago in AIRBUS laboratories, for the specific requirements of the aircraft industry.
Dedicated to Sheet Metal Manufacturing, the product's main feature is to provide a CATIA V5 integrated tool (workbench) for part preparation & programming for contour following machine (milling, water jet, laser cutting).
This workbench is included in NC Manufacturing workshop from the CATIA V5 Start Menu.
The integration in CATIA V5 makes it possible to exploit directly the native geometry resulting from the design phase and reduced considerably the preparation and programming work of the elementary part.
The preparation work consists of:
The programming work consists of:
A complementary product is PANOGEN Sheet metal Manufacturing CAA V5 based:
- An integrated component of CATIA V5 with the same look&feel and the usage of a single CAD system to do manufacturing geometrical modification
- Reduced preparation time using high-level automation for tool path creation, hole analysis to create drilling operations, marking etc...
- The link between manufacturing and design office parts implies no time lost in data transfer or in identification of geometrical changes
- PANOGEN incorporates a materials & cutting parameters database, which can be used to automatically create reliable tool paths.
- Easy to use by incorporating the in-depth experience gained in sheet metal jobs i.e.: smart lugs, cutting strategies with reduced parameters