CADverter is a direct database converter between CADDS and CATIA V5. It enables the user to convert all forms of mechanical design geometry, as well as assembly and attribute information, between these two systems.
CADverter can be purchased as a uni-directional, CADDS to CATIA V5, or CATIA V5 to CADDS product, or as a bi-directional product. It can be used Interactively or in a batch mode, from a standard Graphical User Interface. If you wish to visualise and interrogate the CADDS files this can be done by using the integrated CADviewer product, which is included with CADverter.
This product has been developed using the Dassault Systems CATIA V5 CAA Development Environment. Consequently it requires access to a licensed copy of CATIA V5 to operate.
CADverter reads and writes CADDS data independent of the native CAD System and converts all geometry. If assembly data (product structure) is in the file, the assembly structure will be mapped between the two systems as well as colour and layer information. The user can filter data to optimise the process.
- Converts all types of geometry, wire frame, surfaces, trimmed surfaces (faces) and solid models.
- Converts assembly structure between the systems.
- Converts attribute data including colour and layer information.
- Reads and Writes CADDS files independently of CADDS.
- The conversion process can be run interactively or in batch mode.
- CADviewer enables you to view the CADDS files before and after conversion.
- Data can be filtered by layer and entity type.
- Geometry can be filtered and selectively processed.
- Being a direct database converter all pre and post processing is eliminated, saving time.
- The integrated CADviewer enables you to verify visually, and verify by measuring the data pre-conversion, eliminating time converting unwanted data, or sending out incorrect data.
- The CADviewer and filtering options allow you to selectively process the data, enabling you tooptimise conversions and save time.
- The ability to read and write CADDS data independently, eliminates the need to tie up expensive CAD licences, saving money.
- By converting all forms of geometry no data is lost, eliminating the time required to re-create missing data.
- With over 20 years industrial use CADverters robustness and quality is well proven, reducing your business risk.