Dassault Systèmes launches V6R2010x11/17/2009
Lifelike Experience and Social Innovation at Heart of New V6 Release
PARIS, November 17, 2009 – Dassault Systèmes (DS) (Euronext Paris: #13065, DSY.PA), a world leader in 3D and Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) solutions, today launched V6R2010x, the latest release of its PLM 2.0 platform, at the company’s European Customer Forum. V6R2010x includes major deliveries in support of DS’s PLM 2.0 and Social Innovation strategy serving new audiences within all communities, including traditional industry-oriented ones. The enhancements are delivered in the three sectors of V6’s organic architecture (Lifelike Experience, Collaborative I-PLM and IP Creation). V6R2010x extends the reach of the V6 platform beyond on-premises solutions to include mobile and cloud solutions.
“Today’s announcement is another demonstration of the power of the V6 platform,” said Dominique Florack, Senior Executive Vice President, Products-Research and Development, Dassault Systèmes. “The V6R2010x platform delivers new and unique capabilities that connect users within their companies or with external online communities. It enables them to create and share their IP and 3D experiences with the ease of use of common Internet tools and the control required in industrial companies.”
“Our V6 solution was installed in just two days. I must admit that I expected some sort of hitch,” said Roberto Zuffada, CIO, Piaggio Aero Industries. “But the implementation went extremely smoothly. We only needed a day’s training each. We did this on a seat by seat basis and made sure that we addressed any issues or concerns there and then. The speed with which we’ve been able to use the solution has been remarkable.”
“For us, establishing a strategic vendor partnership with Dassault Systèmes and a strategic partnership between the business and IT were key success factors in our PLM upgrade,” said Gary Steiner, Babcock & Wilcox Power Generation Group, Inc. Applications manager. “Bottom line, by following a clear path, the V6R2009 implementation team has been able to rapidly realize the business value for upgrading to V6R2009 by delivering demonstrable performance improvements and new feature benefits.”
V6R2010x delivers significant enhancements to:
- 3DVIA Mobile delivers unique, online 3D experiences from everywhere; users can find cool, realistic 3D content from DS’s extensive 3D online library and immediately enrich their photos
- 3DVIA MP enables the creation of lifelike interactive scenarios on virtual products and connects directly to 3DVIA.com communities where 3D experiences can be composed and deployed
- 3DVIA Composer Player Pro allows customers to build and deploy customized user experiences leveraging interactive 3D documentation such as Web-based or on-board assembly guides that deliver highly realistic, lifelike experiences online
- Governance – 3D decision support with intuitive 3D navigation and “what if” scenarios, or the ability to plan resources across program and projects in real time around the globe
- Compliance - two new applications for end-to-end quality process management based on ISO standards
V6 coverage is extended in DS’s 11 targeted industries with dedicated business processes:
- New ENOVIA Life Sciences Accelerator for Regulatory Affairs to comply with FDA Part 814 and 807 requirements
- New sourcing and production material management for Apparel
- An integrated platform for Artwork, Package and Formula collaboration for CPG
- Major new capabilities for Systems Engineering, Mechatronics, Regulatory Compliance and Digital Manufacturing for High-Tech
- CATIA extends its leadership to Systems Engineering, supporting the end-to-end collaborative development cycle of complex systems -- from early Requirements Definition, to Functional, Logical, Physical Design, and Simulation.
- CATIA now links IP creators to collaborators providing intuitive solutions to shape, compose, and repurpose any 3D virtual product
- DELMIA extends its lifelike Digital Manufacturing environment to create and share Manufacturing IP. Designers can now intuitively create and simulate assembly sequences and define the behaviors of any controlled machine
- SIMULIA extends its unique collaborative environment for performing lifelike simulation and product behavior testing allowing any designer to perform a structural and thermal analysis.
Finally, V6R2010x delivers numerous improvements to the V6 platform powered by ENOVIA to support community, content, and application services on mobile and on the cloud.
About Dassault Systèmes
As a world leader in 3D and Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) solutions, Dassault Systèmes brings value to more than 115,000 customers in 80 countries. A pioneer in the 3D software market since 1981, Dassault Systèmes develops and markets PLM application software and services that support industrial processes and provide a 3D vision of the entire lifecycle of products from conception to maintenance to recycling. The Dassault Systèmes portfolio consists of CATIA for designing the virtual product - SolidWorks for 3D mechanical design - DELMIA for virtual production - SIMULIA for virtual testing - ENOVIA for global collaborative lifecycle management, and 3DVIA for online 3D lifelike experiences. Dassault Systèmes’ shares are listed on Euronext Paris (#13065, DSY.PA) and Dassault Systèmes’ ADRs may be traded on the US Over-The-Counter (OTC) market (DASTY). For more information, visit http://www.3ds.com.
CATIA, DELMIA, ENOVIA, SIMULIA, SolidWorks and 3D VIA are registered trademarks of Dassault Systèmes or its subsidiaries in the US and/or other countries.