Allows companies to launch enterprise-wide new product introductions on-time and on-budget.
ENOVIA Program Change Control
Provide program-driven change management to enable authorization and monitoring of complex system-wide changes assigned to multiple engineering groups.
ENOVIA Program Change Control makes it possible for companies to plan, define and track the status of complex product changes. With ENOVIA Program Change Control companies can determine the scope and cost of all product changes that impact multiple functional disciplines (e.g., software, mechanical, electrical) before they are implemented. As products collect change requests, each functional department can capture the impact, scope and cost of the proposed change through the use of meetings and decisions early in the change request process. All change information for a given product or program can be rolled up and aggregated for analysis and approval. This enables total control and visibility of all changes throughout the product development process leading to improved productivity, higher quality and faster time-to-market.
- Consolidate sources of change information to collect, analyze, plan and implement product issues, requests and change processes across the enterprise.
- Assess the impact of changes to the overall product development schedule with real-time product change dashboards that eliminate manual collection, assessment and reporting
- Reduce the risk of regulatory or customer non-conformance penalties by ensuring that company standard change processes are followed consistently
- Eliminate the potential to repeat past mistakes by maintaining a complete change history with traceability and lessons learned
- Close the communication gaps between customer support, R&D and cross functional development teams by leveraging a global, cross functional, change identification and resolution solution
Change ProjectsENOVIA Program Change Control provides engineering project managers a way to plan and manage complex product changes under one or more change projects. Change projects can be used in conjunction with other program execution projects to provide visibility to the status of program level product changes which can have a significant impact on the overall program development schedule. Each functional department can capture the impact, scope and cost of implementing the change for their discipline (e.g., software, mechanical, electrical) by leveraging project meetings and decisions. Meetings can be scheduled for the change project and official decisions can be captured against the change project or individual change tasks.
Change TasksChange tasks are added to a project’s work breakdown structure (WBS) to decompose and organize complex changes into manageable work packages. Change tasks can be used in conjunction with other type of project tasks to ensure that specific program change processes and procedures are followed.
Change RequestsChange requests are used as a formal mechanism to collect a number of product issues and request approval to resolve them with one or more change tasks / processes. An approved change request is the transition from informal issue management to formal change approval and control.
Change Task DeliverablesAs proposed changes are approved, each impacted functional group (e.g., software, mechanical, electrical) is assigned a change task. The deliverable for the task is the completion of an approved change process (e.g., ECO, ECR, Action, etc.). As the change process is executed the change task status is automatically updated to provide a change summary status at the task or project level. Change tasks control new feature changes to specific product revisions in a product portfolio instead of automatically applying the change to all products that use the previous feature revision.