DraftSight Resource Center
Find the information you want about DraftSight and its premium support and services
in the DraftSight Resource center.
Featured DraftSight Story
Coordinating with another volunteer service NGO called "Live and Learn," Hall is helping local villagers:
- Install basic water supply systems to provide water in taps within the village and relieve the women and children of the daily chore of fetching water, often from miles away.
- Construct ventilated "longdrop" toilets as a sanitary alternative to the current practice of using the bush or beaches as bathrooms. The main component is a concrete slab with a hole in it (to squat over) and a ventilation pipe to minimize odors.
- Establish a hygiene education program to teach people the links between health and sanitation.
Because islanders cannot depend on a power supply for pumping, the water harvesting and filtration systems are based on gravity from either an elevated natural spring or a collection tank on a roof.
Before leaving for Papua New Guinea, Hall searched the Internet for a convenient drawing program that would work on his Mac laptop and he stumbled across DraftSight, a free 2D CAD tool from Dassault Systèmes.
"Having never used AutoCAD or any other drawing packages, I had to start from scratch and work through the manual which I found useful," says Hall, who previously sketched by hand. "I was able to produce the drawings I needed."
DraftSight’s free unlimited use is especially advantageous for non-profit organizations, which can use the savings from software licensing fees to allocate to other resources.
- Getman underground diesels bring GUTS to the coal mines
- "Casino Gaming Company finds DraftSight not much of a Gamble"
- Let There Be Light: Dassault Systèmes’ New Boston Campus Promises to Brighten Workplace Culture
- From Military Landing Gear to Low-Noise Bike Racks, Utah Engineers Search for Aerospace Solutions
- DraftSight Design Contest Flirts with Daredevil Dreams
- Robotics competitions bring out the best in students and machines
- Company designs and produces Earth-Friendly pallets with DraftSight
- World's Worst Oil Spill
- Retired Ship Engineer Pursues The Perfect Octopus
- In Michigan, Launching a Shiny New Career - Again
- Onward Bound: Machine Shop Veteran Urges Teens To Choose Careers Over Crime
- Soluzioni per settori industriali
- Tutti i settori industriali
- Aerospaziale e Difesa
- Architettura, edilizia e ingegneria delle costruzioni
- Prodotti di largo consumo e vendita al dettaglio
- Prodotti di consumo confezionati e vendita al dettaglio
- Energia, processo e servizi di pubblica utilità
- Servizi finanziari e alle imprese
- Macchine e impianti industriali
- Navale ed Offshore
- Risorse naturali
- Trasporti e Mobilità
- Scoprite anche
- Soluzioni per piccole e medie imprese
- Soluzioni adatte a più settori industriali
- Soluzioni Cloud
- 3DSWYM | Social Innovation
- 3DVIA | Comunicazione in 3D
- CATIA | Esperienza di prodotto digitale
- DELMIA | Fabbrica digitale
- DRAFTSIGHT | Software CAD gratuito
- ENOVIA | Innovazione collaborativa
- EXALEAD | Information Intelligence
- GEOVIA | Pianeta Virtuale
- NETVIBES | Cruscotti Intelligenti
- SIMULIA | Simulazione realistica
- SOLIDWORKS | Progettazione in 3D
- Altre soluzioni
- Il nostro negozio online
- Novità della Versione 6
- Novità della Versione 5
- Assistenza & Servizi
- Social Network