CATIA Systems Engineering
CATIA Systems Engineering integrates complex product behaviour into the product definition, enabling a lifelike experience which predicts real world performance.
With CATIA Systems Engineering , system architects, product engineers, designers and technical experts define both technical and business aspects. The RFLP approach (Requirements, Functional, Logical and Physical Design) upholds a full traceability during product development and product introduction. This helps shortening the gap between requirements analysis and the choice of the right solution.
Key benefits include
- Powerful , easy to use, multi-discipline modeling and simulation for systems engineering through a powerful open Modelica language
- Validation of the control systems against integrated ‘plant’ models
- Reduce the need for physical prototypes by using executable specifications
- Improve final product quality by the early testing of more design alternatives
- Formal system modeling and modular components promote reuse
- Formalize system safety requirements and assess them during each phase of the development process by building and simulating a formal system functional safety model
- Automatic generation of dependability models (Fault Tree, Event Sequences, System Failure Mode and Effects Analysis, Common Cause Analysis)
- Perform system functional safety analysis studies to check compliance with certification authorities. Verify the architecture robustness by faults injection and by graphical simulation of system behavior
- Capitalize on systems knowledge through the re-use of components libraries.
- Definition of kinematic mechanisms allowing analysis and check in several simulation contexts for a high quality product
- Evaluate mechanisms with the ability to drive under-constrained systems early on