Cessna Selects Dassault Systèmes’ Version 6 to Enhance Product Lifecycle Management Processes09/11/2011
LAS VEGAS – November 9, 2011 — Dassault Systèmes (Euronext Paris: #13065, DSY.PA), a world leader in 3D and Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) solutions, today announced that Cessna Aircraft Company, one of the world’s leading general aviation companies, has selected its Version 6 solutions to accelerate the introduction of new products, lower development costs and reduce time to certification.
A longtime user of Dassault Systèmes’ 3D virtual product design solution, CATIA, and ENOVIA, its collaborative innovation platform, Cessna has chosen to migrate to Version 6 of both solutions, while adding DELMIA for digital manufacturing to better manage additional phases of the product lifecycle.
“For years, Dassault Systèmes has aided us in remaining at the forefront of innovation in the aviation industry. Migrating to Version 6 is an important step in helping us maintain a competitive edge,” said Bob King, vice president and chief information officer at Cessna. “Changing the solutions on which our products are built is not a decision we make lightly.”
By upgrading ENOVIA and CATIA solutions to Version 6, and adding DELMIA, Cessna will accelerate its time-to-market and drive cost efficiencies by being able to:
• Drive collaborative innovation worldwide with an open, scalable and Web-based platform;
• Analyze and validate manufacturing processes to identify potential issues early;
• Generate visual, 3D manufacturing work instructions;
• Implement graphical, model-based, manufacturing process planning; and
• Provide change management and configuration control workflows between engineering and manufacturing.
“Cessna’s migration to Version 6 is a great illustration of the broad-based growth Dassault Systèmes is experiencing in many different industries, and we’re excited to be extending our long-standing relationship,” said Al Bunshaft, managing director, North America, Dassault Systèmes.
Informazioni su Cessna
Cessna is the world’s leading general aviation company. Since its inception in 1927, Cessna has designed, produced and delivered more than 192,500 airplanes around the globe. This includes more than 6,100 Citation business jets, making it the largest fleet of business jets in the world. Today, Cessna has two principal lines of business: aircraft sales and aftermarket services. Aircraft sales include Citation business jets, Caravan single-engine utility turboprops, single-engine piston aircraft and lift solutions by CitationAir. Aftermarket services include parts, maintenance, inspection and repair services. In 2010, Cessna delivered 535 aircraft, including 179 Citation business jets, and reported revenues of $2.6 billion. More information about Cessna Aircraft Company is available at cessna.com.
Informazioni su Dassault Systèmes
As a world leader in 3D and Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) solutions, Dassault Systèmes brings value to more than 130,000 customers in 80 countries. A pioneer in the 3D software market since 1981, Dassault Systèmes applications provide a 3D vision of the entire lifecycle of products from conception to maintenance to recycling. The Dassault Systèmes portfolio consists of CATIA for designing the virtual product - SolidWorks for 3D mechanical design - DELMIA for virtual production - SIMULIA for virtual testing - ENOVIA for global collaborative lifecycle management, EXALEAD for search-based applications and 3DVIA for online 3D lifelike experiences. For more information, visit http://www.3ds.com.
CATIA, DELMIA, ENOVIA, EXALEAD, SIMULIA, SolidWorks and 3D VIA are registered trademarks of Dassault Systèmes or its subsidiaries in the US and/or other countries.
Contatti per la stampa
- Soluzioni per settori industriali
- Tutti i settori industriali
- Aerospaziale e Difesa
- Architettura, edilizia e ingegneria delle costruzioni
- Prodotti di largo consumo e vendita al dettaglio
- Prodotti di consumo confezionati e vendita al dettaglio
- Energia, processo e servizi di pubblica utilità
- Servizi finanziari e alle imprese
- Macchine e impianti industriali
- Navale ed Offshore
- Risorse naturali
- Trasporti e Mobilità
- Scoprite anche
- Soluzioni per piccole e medie imprese
- Soluzioni adatte a più settori industriali
- Soluzioni Cloud
- 3DSWYM | Social Innovation
- 3DVIA | Comunicazione in 3D
- CATIA | Esperienza di prodotto digitale
- DELMIA | Fabbrica digitale
- DRAFTSIGHT | Software CAD gratuito
- ENOVIA | Innovazione collaborativa
- EXALEAD | Information Intelligence
- GEOVIA | Pianeta Virtuale
- NETVIBES | Cruscotti Intelligenti
- SIMULIA | Simulazione realistica
- SOLIDWORKS | Progettazione in 3D
- Altre soluzioni
- Il nostro negozio online
- Novità della Versione 6
- Novità della Versione 5
- Assistenza & Servizi
- Social Network