Grow your business by leveraging digital technologies
Globally-distributed industrial equipment manufacturers must continuously increase their awareness of how their operations are running on a daily basis. Communication and real-time information-sharing help organizations make better-informed decisions that can mean the difference between being a leader and being a follower.
IDC Manufacturing Insights outlines the principles that companies must abide by to achieve their full business potential:
· Connecting global stakeholders requires greater standardization
· Adopting virtualization to provide real-time access to process and product information
· Decentralizing intelligence by relying on the Internet of Things and machine-to-machine communication to improve companies’ ability to make local decisions while maintaining centralized control and traceability
· Analyzing machine and plant performance in real time to allow companies to react quickly to make process improvements
· Adopting a service-oriented approach to manufacturing to increase agility when faced with late-stage customer requirement changes
· Leveraging the power of modularity to build new products using standard components to accelerate new product introduction
Register now to read our free white paper and learn more about today’s challenges for industrial equipment companies.