Dassault Systèmes Launches Industry’s Best Multi-version Compatibility with New V5 Release18/04/2012
V6-Native Products and Parts Now Editable in V5; Advancement of V5 Continues
VÉLIZY-VILLACOUBLAY, France — April 18, 2012 — Dassault Systèmes (Euronext Paris: #13065, DSY.PA), the 3D Experience Company and world leader in 3D design software, 3D Digital Mock Up and Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) solutions, announced today the general availability of the latest release of its Version 5 PLM platform, including CATIA, DELMIA, ENOVIA and SIMULIA.
This new release furthers the adoption of the powerful 3D Experience Platform designed by Dassault Systèmes and includes a major new evolution in V6-to-V5 compatibility. OEMs or suppliers in all industries now have the flexibility to modify and exchange designs, whether they are V5- or V6-native, as they progress through the design process. This represents another quantum leap in an ongoing series of V5-V6 collaboration capabilities.
CATIA V5 users will be able to edit key features of V6 models from within V5. No other company in the CAD / PLM industry offers this level of downward compatibility between versions. The capabilities announced today further enable customers and their supply chains to benefit from the value of V6 alongside their existing V5 deployments.
“When we created V6, we knew customers would work in mixed V5/V6 environments. Since then we have continuously worked to support our customers’ industry needs,” explained Dominique Florack, senior executive vice president, Products, Research & Development, Dassault Systèmes. “What you’re seeing is an engineered development of V5 and V6 solutions to ensure a compatibility that can’t be found elsewhere.”
Dassault Systèmes has renamed this release of V5 to V5-6R2012 to emphasize the continuing compatibility and synchronization between V5 and V6, as well as the enrichment of V5 solutions with select V6 technology. V5 customers can therefore experience the open V6 portfolio and gain select benefits of Dassault Systèmes’ extensive V6 R&D investments. Customers can transition to V6 at their own pace, while continuing to collaborate seamlessly with departments, customers and suppliers who use V5. V6 models opened in V5 retain features created in, for example, V6’s Part Design, Sketcher and Generative Surface Design workbenches and knowledgeware.
“A key aspect for Renault and its diverse, global extended enterprise has been V5 to V6 transition. The new level of downward compatibility Dassault Systèmes is announcing between its platforms will accelerate the use of V6 within our ecosystem,” said executive Olivier Colmard, vice president, Information Systems for Engineering & Quality, Renault. “We’ve taken a strategic decision to deploy V6 to help transform our product development processes. Today’s foresightful research and development achievement is exactly what we have come to expect of our PLM solutions partner.”
“As one of the world’s premier manufacturers of luxury saloons and sports cars, Jaguar Land Rover has a diverse, international supply chain and we plainly see the value of even more compatibility between V6, which we are implementing now, and V5, which is well-deployed in our supply chain. The ability to edit Version 6 models in V5 means that collaboration with our team members, whether at JLR or within our extended supply chain, will be simpler and more effective,” said John Knight-Gregson, i-PLM Programme Director, Jaguar Land Rover. “Dassault Systèmes’ realistic assessment of V5 market penetration and the company’s ongoing effort to push the boundaries of version to version coexistence clearly shows it is looking out for its customers’ needs.”
Since the launch of V6, Dassault Systèmes has delivered on its promise to ensure unmatched compatibility between V5 and V6:
• Even before this release, the compatibility between CATIA V5 and CATIA V6 was equivalent to the compatibility between two releases of CATIA V5. This ensured a customer’s transition to V6 was as easy as a V5 release-to-release transition. Today’s announcement surpasses this level of compatibility;
• To further facilitate data compatibility between V5 and V6, Dassault Systèmes R&D inserted select V6 technologies into V5 solutions, such as Class A surfacing innovations and concept design from CATIA Imagine & Shape; and
• Powerful openness and coexistence capabilities which enable reuse of existing V5 models and other data in V6 hybrid product structures. Design engineers can create a single hybrid product structure composed of CATIA V6, CATIA V5, CATIA V4, SolidWorks, Siemens’ NX and PTC’s ProEngineer models. The resulting single product structure enables real-time design review and analysis of the virtual product, regardless of the native authoring tool.
For additional information on version to version collaboration, please visit http://www.3ds.com/products/v5-latest-release
A propos de Dassault Systèmes
Dassault Systèmes, « The 3DEXPERIENCE Company », offre aux entreprises et aux particuliers les univers virtuels nécessaires à la conception d’innovations durables. Ses solutions leaders sur le marché transforment pour ses clients, la conception, la fabrication et la maintenance de leurs produits. Les solutions collaboratives de Dassault Systèmes permettent de promouvoir l’innovation sociale et offrent de nouvelles possibilités d’améliorer le monde réel grâce aux univers virtuels. Avec des ventes dans 140 pays, le Groupe apporte de la valeur à plus de 170 000 entreprises de toutes tailles dans toutes les industries. Pour plus d’informations : www.3ds.com.
CATIA, SOLIDWORKS, SIMULIA, DELMIA, ENOVIA, GEOVIA, EXALEAD, NETVIBES, 3DSWYM et 3D VIA sont des marques déposées de Dassault Systèmes ou de ses filiales aux USA et/ou dans d'autres pays.
- Solutions industrielles
- Toutes les industries
- Aéronautique et Défense
- Architecture, Ingénierie et Construction
- Biens de consommation - Distribution
- Produits de grande consommation - Distribution
- Energie et Procédés
- Finance et Services
- Hautes technologies
- Equipements industriels
- Sciences de la vie
- Marine et Offshore
- Ressources naturelles
- Transport et Mobilité
- Découvrez aussi
- Solutions pour le mid-market
- Solutions inter-industries
- Solutions "cloud"
- 3DSWYM | L'innovation sociale
- 3DVIA | La communication 3D
- CATIA | L'expérience produit numérique
- DELMIA | La fabrication numérique
- DRAFTSIGHT | Logiciel de CAO gratuit
- ENOVIA | L'innovation collaborative
- EXALEAD | L’information intelligente
- GEOVIA | La planète virtuelle
- NETVIBES | Les tableaux de bord intelligents
- SIMULIA | La simulation réaliste
- SOLIDWORKS | La conception 3D
- Découvrez aussi
- Notre boutique en ligne
- Les nouveautés de la Version 6
- Les nouveautés de la version 5
- Support & Services
- Réseaux sociaux