SIMULIA Regional User Meetings
On the 17 September, we will host a full day seminar. This day will be dedicated to the Fracture and Failure analysis capabilities of Abaqus.
Attendees will gain first-hand experience of the range of simulation techniques that are available to users who are interested in Fracture and Failure.
Fracture and Failure Analyses with Abaqus - £50
Fracture and failure modelling allows for product designs that maximize the safe operating life of structural components. Abaqus offers many capabilities that enable fracture and failure modelling. This full day seminar provides a detailed discussion of these capabilities. During the seminar's lectures and demonstrations, users will learn about:
- Proper modelling techniques for capturing crack-tip singularities in fracture mechanics problems
- Proper modelling techniques for finite-strain (nonlinear) fracture mechanics problems
- Using Abaqus/CAE to create meshes appropriate for fracture studies
- Calculation of stress intensity factors and contour integrals around a crack tip
- Material damage and failure models
- Simulating crack growth using cohesive connections
- Simulating crack growth using VCCT
- Simulating crack growth using XFEM