The Governance domain allows companies to launch enterprise-wide new product introductions on-time and on-budget. Within Governance are these sub-processes: Requirements Management, Portfolio Configuration, Program Management, Decision Support Business Intelligence, and Compliancy.
ENOVIA Variant Configuration Experience
System engineers and product planners use ENOVIA® Variant Configuration Central™ to tackle product diversity during the “idea” or concept phase of the product development process.
As products become increasingly complex with costly mechanical, electrical, and software capabilities, customers are demanding products that fulfill their unique needs at the lowest possible cost. To stay ahead of the latest innovations and market trends, companies must transition from traditional design processes to an approach that supports the definition of conceptual product architectures for highly variable configurations.
Unfortunately, many companies today have no simple mechanism for designing products that provide high market variation with technical modularity while controlling costs. With ENOVIA Variant Configuration Experience, engineering organizations can leverage the conceptual product architecture definitions to generate configured products that satisfy market specifications, and provide many possible optional capabilities. These conceptual product definitions serve as a framework for defining variant products that are configurable and drive the generation of engineering bills-of-material (EBOMs). As a result, companies can expedite the design process and lower costs while still meeting customer demands.
With ENOVIA Variant Configuration Experience engineering can:
• Create product configurations to analyze or release as solutions into a product catalog.
• Create product configurations to analyze designs in CATIA® using our ENOVIA™ VPM Configured Environment solution.
• Create product configurations to kick off the NPI process for new custom products.
- Rapidly introduce a family of pre-configured products that satisfy market, company or catalog requirements.
- Allow engineering to assess and analyze their 3D variant designs using multiple configuration conditions to eliminate invalid orders or order rejection late in the process.
- Analyze different configuration computations or possibilities before the product is released.
- Use configurations to validate and test different engineering and marketing configuration rules.
- Optimize the design process of highly variant products by allowing engineers to quickly create an EBOM for pre-order fulfillment and design analysis.
- Allow engineering to maximize the reuse of parts by allowing them to input and contribute to the feature definition.
Search for Products to ConfigureWith ENOVIA Variant Configuration Experience, users can search for products to configure. Users have the ability to search for a product and configure it to fulfill specific requirements. There are two navigation capabilities for the user to search for a configurable product: the user can navigate the product portfolio or search for a product using the standard search screens.
Search for Products to ConfigureWith ENOVIA Variant Configuration Experience, users can search for existing pre-configured products to leverage in new orders or for new design conditions.
Design Variation DefinitionWith ENOVIA Variant Configuration Experience, design engineering and component engineering can define and update the Generic Part List (GBOM) of each feature to satisfy its design variation requirements. System architects responsible for the definition of the product architecture definition work side-by-side with engineering. System architects can request design engineers and component engineers to associate the list of parts that meet the variability conditions of the design feature.
BOM GenerationENOVIA Variant Configuration Experience enables engineers to create configured products as input for EBOM generation to satisfy Engineering to Order (ETO) business models or a precise bill of material (PBOM) for build-to-order business models. A BOM Preview dialog provides users the ability to preview selected standard parts based on the marketing options and evaluated part inclusion rules.
Issue Resolution and Change ManagementAs products enter into the development phase, changes are inevitable but too many changes are cost prohibitive. A cross-functional change process helps system engineers manage and respond to feature changes systematically. ENOVIA Variant Configuration Experience provides a choice of change management processes that provide immediate visibility to change requests while maintaining integrity of the original reported problem to the internal resolution.
The Role of ENOVIA V6 and PLM 2.0ENOVIA Variant Configuration Experience supports PLM 2.0, product lifecycle management online for everyone, and the ENOVIA V6 values, which are: • Global collaborative innovation • Single PLM platform for intellectual property (IP) management • Online creation and collaboration • Ready to use PLM business processes • Lower cost of ownership.