Dassault Systèmes Announces Isight for Abaqus18/09/2008
New Product Improves Design Quality with Robust Exploration and Optimization Technology
Paris, France, and Providence, R.I., USA, September 18, 2008 – Dassault Systèmes (DS) (Euronext Paris: #13065, DSY.PA), a world leader in 3D and Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) solutions, today announced the availability of Isight for Abaqus, a new product from SIMULIA, the DS brand for realistic simulation, that leverages technology from recently acquired Engineous Software.
Isight for Abaqus is an add-on product for Abaqus FEA software that provides design exploration and optimization technology, which enables designers and engineers to perform rapid trade-off studies of real-world behavior.
The software allows a user to quickly explore thousands of design options in a well-understood space of competitive choices. It supports parallel submission of optimization, Monte Carlo, and Design of Experiments (DOE) jobs on multiprocessor machines or with third-party job scheduling software. An Isight for Abaqus user can collaborate with colleagues and partners in the extended enterprise to rapidly find the best design via an intuitive, interactive graphical user interface.
“As we have worked to accelerate our development of medical devices, Medrad has benefited from the simulation software and consulting expertise provided by SIMULIA,” stated Ned Uber, Ph.D., Medrad Fellow, Medrad, Inc. “Now, the use of Isight for Abaqus to automate simulation exploration will enable us to perform multi-factor Design of Experiments analysis—painlessly.”
“The release of Isight for Abaqus marks a major milestone for SIMULIA as we leverage technology acquired from Engineous to expand and enhance our realistic simulation and simulation lifecycle management portfolio,” said Steve Crowley, director of product management, SIMULIA, Dassault Systèmes. “With the rapid delivery of this new product, SIMULIA is bringing market-leading optimization technology directly to our Abaqus users. This will dramatically increase the number of design options they can evaluate, enhance their products’ performance, reliability and quality, and reduce design cycle time and manufacturing cost.”
Highlights of Isight for Abaqus:
• A complete suite of DOE techniques enables customers to explore the design space.
• Gradient and Genetic algorithms optimize design performance for structural, thermal, acoustic, and other performance attributes.
• Quality and Six Sigma methods take into account the manufacturing and operational variability in product design.
• Multi-run scatter plots offer one-click visualization of the virtual prototype in Abaqus/Viewer.
• Correlation maps show the influence of design variables on product performance.
• Response Surface Method (RSM) and Radial Basis Function (RBF) approximations interactively trade off product performance.
For more information, visit: http://www.simulia.com/products/i4a.html.
Acerca de Simulia
SIMULIA is the Dassault Systèmes brand that delivers a scalable portfolio of Realistic Simulation solutions including the Abaqus product suite for Unified Finite Element Analysis, multiphysics solutions for insight into challenging engineering problems, and lifecycle management solutions for managing simulation data, processes, and intellectual property. By building on established technology, respected quality, and superior customer service, SIMULIA makes realistic simulation an integral business practice that improves product performance, reduces physical prototypes, and drives innovation. Headquartered in Providence, RI, USA, with R&D centers in Providence and in Suresnes, France, SIMULIA provides sales, services, and support through a global network of over 30 regional offices and distributors. www.simulia.com
Acerca de Dassault Systèmes
As a world leader in 3D and Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) solutions, Dassault Systèmes brings value to more than 100,000 customers in 80 countries. A pioneer in the 3D software market since 1981, Dassault Systèmes develops and markets PLM application software and services that support industrial processes and provide a 3D vision of the entire lifecycle of products from conception to maintenance. The Dassault Systèmes portfolio consists of CATIA for designing the virtual product - SolidWorks for 3D mechanical design - DELMIA for virtual production - SIMULIA for virtual testing - ENOVIA for global collaborative lifecycle management, and 3DVIA for online 3D lifelike experiences. Dassault Systèmes is listed on the Nasdaq (DASTY) and Euronext Paris (#13065, DSY.PA) stock exchanges. For more information, visit http://www.3ds.com
CATIA, DELMIA, ENOVIA, SIMULIA, SolidWorks and 3D VIA are registered trademarks of Dassault Systèmes or its subsidiaries in the US and/or other countries.
- Soluciones industriales
- Todas las industrias
- Aeroespacial y Defensa
- Arquitectura, Ingeniería y Construcción
- Bienes de consumo y Venta al por menor
- Productos envasados y Venta al por menor
- Energía, Procesos y Servicios públicos
- Servicios financieros y a empresas
- Alta tecnología
- Maquinaria industrial
- Ciencias de la salud
- Naval y Alta mar
- Recursos naturales
- Transporte y Movilidad
- También descubra
- Soluciones para PYMES
- Soluciones multidisciplinarias
- Soluciones Cloud
- 3DSWYM | Innovación social
- 3DVIA | Comunicación 3D
- CATIA | Experiencia digital del producto
- DELMIA | Fabricación digital
- DRAFTSIGHT | Programa CAD gratuito
- ENOVIA | Innovación colaborativa
- EXALEAD | Inteligencia de información
- GEOVIA | Planeta virtual
- NETVIBES | Dashboard Inteligente
- SIMULIA | Simulación realista
- SOLIDWORKS | Diseño en 3D
- Descubra también
- Nuestra tienda en línea
- Novedades de la versión 6
- Novedades de la versión 5
- Soporte & Servicios
- Redes sociales