Dassault Systèmes’ 3DVIA Introduces “First-of-its-Kind” 3D Model Viewer for the iPad13/09/2010
3DVIA Mobile HD Extends Interactive 3D Content Viewing on the iPad for a Wide Range of 3D Modeling Applications
CONCORD, Mass. & VÉLIZY-VILLACOUBLAY, France, September 13, 2010 – Dassault Systèmes (DS) (Euronext Paris: #13065, DSY.PA), a world leader in 3D and Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) solutions, today announced 3DVIA Mobile HD, a first-of-its-kind interactive 3D model viewer for the iPad. With 3DVIA Mobile HD for the iPad, users can access, view and interact with thousands of high-quality models hosted on the 3DVIA.com content warehouse with the swipe of a finger.
Unlike other 3D model viewers, 3DVIA Mobile HD allows users of most 3D modeling software packages to connect to 3DVIA.com and share their work on the iPad platform. Users follow a simple three-step process: create a free 3DVIA.com account, upload 3D assets to the site, then connect with 3DVIA Mobile HD to showcase assets on the iPad. 3DVIA.com accepts content in over 30 formats, including 3DXML, .dae (COLLADA), .3ds, .obj, IGES, STEP and .kmz. Select modeling applications from Dassault Systèmes, including 3DVIA Composer, SolidWorks and CATIA, now publish directly to 3DVIA.com, making the process even easier.
“Our success with the earlier 3DVIA Mobile application for the iPhone confirmed that users value instant access to high-quality 3D content on mobile devices,” said Lynne Wilson, CEO, 3DVIA, Dassault Systèmes. “3DVIA Mobile HD is an even better way to share rich product information with customers, prospects and partners. It delivers interactive 3D to your fingertips, and demonstrates the iPad’s potential as a business communication tool and platform.”
3DVIA Mobile HD retains the speed, fluid movement and easy-to-navigate interface of the iPhone app. However, 3DVIA Mobile HD was designed specifically to take advantage of the increased screen size and resolution of the iPad, making this a powerful 3D content demonstration tool.
Key features of 3DVIA Mobile HD:
• Interactive 3D viewer: pan, zoom and inspect models with intuitive iPad finger movements;
• Integrated 3DVIA 3D model search: search, download and view over 20,000 3D models published to 3DVIA.com;
• Compatibility with popular 3D formats: read and view 3D assets that you upload to 3DVIA.com in many popular formats, including .dae (COLLADA), .3ds, .obj, .iges, .step, .kmz, .3DXML, and many more;
• Save and export 2D renderings (images) to Facebook and e-mail;
• Private publishing on 3D models: restrict access to sensitive product information by publishing to your private account; and
• Interact with the 3DVIA.com community: comment on and rate 3D models from the iPad.
3DVIA Mobile HD for iPad is available on the App Store for a limited time at $1.99 USD. After this time, it will be available for $4.99 USD. For more information, visit http://www.3dvia.com/mobile/.
Über Dassault Systèmes
As a world leader in 3D and Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) solutions, Dassault Systèmes brings value to more than 130,000 customers in 80 countries. A pioneer in the 3D software market since 1981, Dassault Systèmes applications provide a 3D vision of the entire lifecycle of products from conception to maintenance to recycling. The Dassault Systèmes portfolio consists of CATIA for designing the virtual product - SolidWorks for 3D mechanical design - DELMIA for virtual production - SIMULIA for virtual testing - ENOVIA for global collaborative lifecycle management, EXALEAD for search-based applications and 3DVIA for online 3D lifelike experiences. For more information, visit http://www.3ds.com.
CATIA, DELMIA, ENOVIA, EXALEAD, SIMULIA, SolidWorks and 3D VIA are registered trademarks of Dassault Systèmes or its subsidiaries in the US and/or other countries.
3DVIA is Dassault Systèmes’ brand for online 3D lifelike experiences. It establishes 3D as a universal media for consumer and professional communities, and allows anyone to imagine, play and experience products and services used in our daily lives. Once perfected in the virtual world, these can be delivered in the physical world. The Virtools product line is part of 3DVIA. For more information about 3DVIA, go to: http://www.3dvia.com.
- Alle Branchen
- Luft- und Raumfahrt
- Architektur und Bauwesen
- Gebrauchsgüter und Einzelhandel
- Verbrauchsgüter und Einzelhandel
- Energie und Prozesstechnik
- Dienstleistungen und Finanzwesen
- Maschinen- und Anlagenbau
- Life Sciences
- Fahrzeugbau und Mobilität
- Weitere Lösungen
- Lösungen für den Mittelstand
- Branchenübergreifende Lösungen
- 3DSWYM | Soziale Innovation
- 3DVIA | Kommunikation in 3D
- CATIA | Virtuelles Produkt
- DELMIA | Digitale Fertigung
- DRAFTSIGHT | Kostenlose CAD-Software
- ENOVIA | Vernetzte Innovation
- EXALEAD | Information Intelligence
- GEOVIA | Virtueller Planet
- NETVIBES | Dashboard Intelligence
- SIMULIA | Realistische Simulation
- SOLIDWORKS | 3D-Design
- Weitere Marken
- Unser Online-Shop
- Neu in Version 6
- Neu in Version 5
- Support & Services
- Soziale Netzwerke