In line with public demand for access to 3D software, Dassault Systèmes launched its Passion for Innovation program in 2005. The program is based on a simple guiding principle: it is often the case that outstanding ideas do not come to fruition due to lack of appropriate resources. At Dassault Systèmes, not only are employees given free access to CATIA, the industry-standard 3D software design solution for product conception, but the general public is also afforded access to the company’s resources through the company’s Passion for Innovation program.
The program’s mission is to help individuals and not-for-profit organizations bring their innovative ideas to life using Dassault Systèmes’ 3D software solutions.
Passion for Innovation took on a new dimension with the “Khufu Revealed” project, which leveraged 3D as a powerful communications tool to open new frontiers in science and communications. In 2007, the “Khufu Revealed” 3D interactive and immersive experience allowed spectators to solve one of mankind’s greatest mysteries by virtually traveling back to ancient Egypt to rebuild the Great Pyramid with architect Jean-Pierre Houdin. This real-time 3D experience was such a success that the Géode, Paris’ giant dome movie theatre, decided to make the show part of its regular program. Now every week, hundreds of families experience the pyramid’s construction and discover its secrets.
Today the Passion for Innovation program is based on three main axis:
1. Donation of Dassault Systèmes’ full range of solutions, including 3D scientific solutions (PLM) and interactive 3D media solutions (3DVIA).
2. Donation of services: software training and expert support.
3. Innovation laboratory: often non-conformist and always innovative, the concepts developed by program participants help fuel the development of solutions by Dassault Systèmes and their applications in areas including education, entertainment, communications, and marketing. These synergies ultimately contribute to defining the future of real-time 3D applications .
Dassault Systèmes c/o Richard Breitner
Passion for Innovation Program
10, Rue Marcel Dassault
- Industry Solutions
- All Industries
- Aerospace & Defense
- Architecture, Engineering & Construction
- Consumer Goods & Retail
- Consumer Packaged Goods & Retail
- Energy, Process & Utilities
- Financial & Business Services
- Industrial Equipment
- Life Sciences
- Marine & Offshore
- Natural Resources
- Transportation & Mobility
- Also discover
- Mid-market Solutions
- Cross-Industry Solutions
- On-the-Cloud Solutions
- 3DSWYM | Social Innovation
- 3DVIA | 3D Communication
- CATIA | Digital Product Experience
- DELMIA | Digital Manufacturing
- DRAFTSIGHT | Free CAD Software
- ENOVIA | Collaborative Innovation
- EXALEAD | Information Intelligence
- GEOVIA | Virtual Planet
- NETVIBES | Dashboard Intelligence
- SIMULIA | Realistic Simulation
- SOLIDWORKS | 3D Design
- Also discover
- Our Online Store
- What's New in Version 6
- What's New in Version 5
- Support & Services
- Social Networks