SmarTeam Launches Product Collaboration Solution Tailored to Electrical and Electronics Industry06/18/2002
"SMARTEAM for Electronics" Helps E & E Manufacturers Coordinate Product Development between Engineers, Subcontractors, Suppliers, and Customers
KFAR SABA, Israel-July 18, 2002- SmarTeam Corporation Ltd. (SmarTeam), a Dassault Systemes company (Nasdaq:DASTY - News; Euronext Paris: #13065, DSY.PA) and leading provider of innovative Product Lifecycle Collaboration solutions, today announced the release of SMARTEAM for Electronics, a product information collaboration solution specifically designed for companies that produce products with electronic components such as consumer and industrial electronics, medical device and microelectronics, automotive, heavy machinery, and white goods. <br/>
Created with the participation of leading electrical and electronics (E&E) manufacturers, SMARTEAM for Electronics is a best-practice solution that facilitates concurrent management between mechanical, electronic and software designs teams, design coordination between subcontractors, suppliers, and customers, and overall collaboration across global and multi-disciplinary projects. All participants in the design to production process communicate around a single, open source of product definition data, managing the Bill of Materials and all related documents. <br/>
"By incorporating SmarTeam's proven collaborative and information management methodologies, E&E customers can automate key product development processes, dramatically reducing the expenses of redundancy, inaccuracy and loss of critical intellectual property, and significantly improving their profit margins," says Avichay Nissenbaum, SmarTeam executive vice president of Marketing. "SMARTEAM for Electronics, created together with leading manufacturers and industry experts, enables a wide range of companies to streamline collaborative efforts with customers, suppliers and partners and throughout their global enterprise."
SMARTEAM for Electronics integrates the management and release processes for defining documents, and facilitates Bill of Material collaboration throughout a product's life cycle. All mechanical, electrical and software data is handled through SMARTEAM for Electronics' powerful and robust enterprise product platform, providing an integrated solution by which multiple roles-such as mechanical engineer, electrical engineer and software engineer-work together within a single integrated environment. <br/>
Based on core SMARTEAM capabilities, including workflow and BOM management, SMARTEAM for Electronics provides proven best practices for E&E business logic, including process templates for Engineering Release, ECR (Engineering Change Revision) and ECO (Engineering Change Order), support for reference designators and Approved Manufacturer List (AML), and unified Bills of Material. Customers benefit from increased product innovation, reduced cycle times and ultimately greater profit margins. <br/>
- Quick Start-enables companies to "Quick Start" a project through the reuse of existing data, reducing overhead costs and search time.
- Integrated electrical, mechanical and software environments-supports design and Bill of Material cooperation between MCAD and ECAD structures.
- Process templates-drives multiple, best practice processes, specifically tailored to the needs of the E&E industry, facilitating standards compliance and more.
- Component Approval process-Manages internal catalog with librarian functions, item searching and more, facilitating vendor/supplier selection, reducing purchasing overhead and speeding time to market.
- Change processes-offers a complete scenario to manage, minimize and expedite ECRs and ECOs, including working with external suppliers and subcontractors.
About About SmarTeam Corporation
SmarTeam Corporation , a Dassault Systemes S.A. company, (Nasdaq: DASTY; Euronext Paris: #13065, DSY.PA) develops, markets and supports rapidly-implemented, yet totally customizable, product life cycle collaboration solutions that drive efficiency, quality and responsiveness for customer centric organizations and their value chains. Founded in 1995, SmarTeam is one of the fastest-growing companies in the PLM market with over 2,000 customers worldwide, and a broad solutions portfolio that enables manufacturing organizations and their supply chains to efficiently manage and collaborate on product information from concept through realization. SMARTEAM solutions help companies gain improvements in product quality, reduce costs, expedite project turnaround, comply with industry standards and shorten time-to-market.
- Industry Solutions
- All Industries
- Aerospace & Defense
- Architecture, Engineering & Construction
- Consumer Goods & Retail
- Consumer Packaged Goods & Retail
- Energy, Process & Utilities
- Financial & Business Services
- Industrial Equipment
- Life Sciences
- Marine & Offshore
- Natural Resources
- Transportation & Mobility
- Also discover
- Mid-market Solutions
- Cross-Industry Solutions
- On-the-Cloud Solutions
- 3DSWYM | Social Innovation
- 3DVIA | 3D Communication
- CATIA | Digital Product Experience
- DELMIA | Digital Manufacturing
- DRAFTSIGHT | Free CAD Software
- ENOVIA | Collaborative Innovation
- EXALEAD | Information Intelligence
- GEOVIA | Virtual Planet
- NETVIBES | Dashboard Intelligence
- SIMULIA | Realistic Simulation
- SOLIDWORKS | 3D Design
- Also discover
- Our Online Store
- What's New in Version 6
- What's New in Version 5
- Support & Services
- Social Networks