Computer Gaming, Desktop Software and Retail Applications Developers Turn to 3DVIA Virtools for 3D08/12/2008
Dassault Systèmes Announces Customers That Push the Possibilities of 3D Even Further with 3DVIA Virtools
SIGGRAPH 2008 Booth 1217, LOS ANGELES, August 12, 2008 - Dassault Systèmes (DS) (NASDAQ: DASTY, Euronext Paris: #13065. DSY. PA), a world leader in 3D and Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) solutions, today announced that customers in a broad range of industries are using its 3DVIA Virtools platform to create lifelike 3D applications for electronic entertainment, enterprise and industry, and the Web.
3DVIA Virtools is 3DVIA’s solution for individual designers and is an entry-level offering for enterprise customers. The brand also offers 3DVIA MP, a premium 3D application development platform for the entertainment industry.
The new and continuing Virtools customers announced today include recognized names in electronic entertainment, desktop software and retail, and join thousands of customers worldwide that use the 3DVIA Virtools platform:
• Frima Studio, a Quebec-based developer of massively multiplayer online games (MMOG), is using 3DVIA Virtools to develop multiple online and offline games, including a new title for the PC and Nintendo Wii, to be published by Zoo Digital in Q4 2008. It will be the first game developed for the Nintendo Wii using 3DVIA Virtools.
• IncrediMail (NASDAQ: MAIL), a global leader in email solutions, provides users with a more personalized and exciting e-mail experience. IncrediMail utilized 3DVIA Virtools to create their recently-launched PhotoJoy application. PhotoJoy allows users to integrate their personal photos into 3D PhotoToy Widgets, screensavers, and wallpaper collages.
• Lumec, one of Canada’s top manufacturers of decorative and functional outdoor lighting products, created Lumec 3D, a highly-interactive, personalized online store that allows customers to self-configure and create their Lumec products online.
Today’s announcement caps off a year of significant milestones for 3DVIA Virtools, including the growth of its worldwide online communities to more than 13,000 developers.
“Frima Studio, Incredimail and Lumec come from very different markets, but each had the same goal: to create an incredibly lifelike 3D experience for their customers,” said Lynne Wilson, senior vice president and general manager, 3DVIA, Dassault Systèmes. “Whether it’s an exciting new title for the Wii, an incredibly realistic 3D background featuring a treasured photo on a computer desktop or a perfect, lifelike rendering of an outdoor lighting configuration, 3DVIA Virtools can do it all. The breadth of these new customers speak to the incredible capabilities of 3DVIA Virtools, and we’re very excited to see market adoption continue.”
The 3DVIA Virtools platform, along with 3DVIA MP, Dassault Systèmes’ premiere development and authoring platform for high-quality 3D game production, will be being showcased at the SIGGRAPH 2008 Conference in Los Angeles this week. For more information, visit the 3DVIA booth at the Los Angeles Convention Center, Booth 1217. 3DVIA Virtools key clients include Fortune 2,000 companies such as Procter & Gamble, Honeywell, Matsushita, France Telecom, PSA Peugeot Citroën, as well as major game studios such as Electronic Arts, Activision Nickelodeon, Disney Internet Group and Ubisoft.
For more information, go to: www.3DVIAvirtools.com.
3DVIA is Dassault Systèmes' brand for lifelike 3D product experiences. 3DVIA extends 3D to new users, businesses and consumers in order to create new communities with 3D as the common language. With its open web services-based architecture, it enables high-performance distribution of 3D content. 3DVIA also delivers authoring products that revolutionize 3D product publishing and the Virtools platform for developing interactive, real-time applications.
For more information about 3DVIA, go to: http://www.3dvia.com.
About Dassault Systèmes
As a world leader in 3D and Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) solutions, Dassault Systèmes brings value to more than 100,000 customers in 80 countries. A pioneer in the 3D software market since 1981, Dassault Systèmes develops and markets PLM application software and services that support industrial processes and provide a 3D vision of the entire lifecycle of products from conception to maintenance. The Dassault Systèmes portfolio consists of CATIA for designing the virtual product - SolidWorks for 3D mechanical design - DELMIA for virtual production - SIMULIA for virtual testing - ENOVIA for global collaborative lifecycle management, and 3DVIA for online 3D lifelike experiences. Dassault Systèmes is listed on the Nasdaq (DASTY) and Euronext Paris (#13065, DSY.PA) stock exchanges. For more information, visit http://www.3ds.com
CATIA, DELMIA, ENOVIA, SIMULIA, SolidWorks and 3D VIA are registered trademarks of Dassault Systèmes or its subsidiaries in the US and/or other countries.
- Industry Solutions
- All Industries
- Aerospace & Defense
- Architecture, Engineering & Construction
- Consumer Goods & Retail
- Consumer Packaged Goods & Retail
- Energy, Process & Utilities
- Financial & Business Services
- Industrial Equipment
- Life Sciences
- Marine & Offshore
- Natural Resources
- Transportation & Mobility
- Also discover
- Mid-market Solutions
- Cross-Industry Solutions
- On-the-Cloud Solutions
- 3DSWYM | Social Innovation
- 3DVIA | 3D Communication
- CATIA | Digital Product Experience
- DELMIA | Digital Manufacturing
- DRAFTSIGHT | Free CAD Software
- ENOVIA | Collaborative Innovation
- EXALEAD | Information Intelligence
- GEOVIA | Virtual Planet
- NETVIBES | Dashboard Intelligence
- SIMULIA | Realistic Simulation
- SOLIDWORKS | 3D Design
- Also discover
- Our Online Store
- What's New in Version 6
- What's New in Version 5
- Support & Services
- Social Networks